Sunday, September 2, 2012

Beast

Grog, spice and song, avast! Alas!
My mind I've hidden long, my cropped
locks gone, a-smear my smile and glance
to be recognized and seen. To shed
both frill and frolic, must appear as low.
In full dressage, I mocked the epic, found
enraptured public longed to see, to feel, to be me
and yet, was I, made up to seem as I
should be, should I choose the mirror, glare,
the glitz of adoration to my shoes
I walk. I sleep and dream.
The few, the proud, crew cut and clean
stand tall, side-step the dance I be
and twist. I drive to drink and play DD
I burn and flame in search, in spite,
in play and I play at being this, press mute.
Aloud and proud and larger than
coldest reaper's blade - I dodge,
one-two, that vorpal blade, begone!
No! Give to me! I hunt. I stalk
and trace, soft patterns on your face
and skin, embrace, and twine again,
seek out the ides, the ism, whys - give I
a rat's apparel? Addiction commercial and for
Swine! Have oyster's children, love them -shine!
I have found the Kraken and he walks,
he sleeps, he dreams
daily in my breast.

No comments:

Post a Comment