Sunday, August 5, 2012

Sing

Because I can
Music plays and bounds -
Why stand, toe-tapping on to
Merely hear and hum?
Wallflower, wilt and see
As she and he and he
Winnow in and flit about and
Hive and have and live and I
Look on, but no!
No more for me the side of things
No shadow's edge, peer from the frame,
I'll Be, be me, and he and he and she
Can see, hear and think what they will
I'll be and loudly so and find
My time and place and self in this
Night of deciding and dreading
And freely wheeling whirling mind
to fathom on the way I'll hide in
Open air and brash portrayal -
Fear will tremble, set aside.
Breathe deep, abandon peremptory call,
Lower lashes, unclench hands, and Sing!
Sing out, and long and loud of vindication
Empty into song all tension, strain,
Negatives and worry push out, away.
Drain! And leave stage empty,
Exhausted, savage, free.
A sponge to each next thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment