Sunday, March 25, 2012

Do I Dance?

Do I dance
Sparkle? Shine?
Do I wonder if you mind?
Does it burn to see me happy
I can’t knock me down to meet you
Come up to me!
I’ll hold you here
I’ll banish your cloudy skies – I will – I’ll try.
What if I move to the side
If I’m not in a spotlight would you feel alright
If I could be happy?
I don’t want to leave you there in your dark
I can’t see within you – I can’t find the light
Where do we go now – you in your world, me in mine?
Do I crawl?
Writhe, strain?
Do I need to know your pain?
Can you share part of the joy here
I can’t pull you up can you climb
Come up to me!
I’ll keep you here
I’ll crush whatever harms you – I will – I’ll fight
What if I banish the night?
If we’re both in sunshine would you be mine
Could you be happy?
I can’t stand to see you there in your pain
I don’t seem to change you – change your mind
What can I say now – would you believe my lies?
Do I dance
Should I try
Would the world keep on turning, your love for me keep burning
Or did it go out with the night, with your light

No comments:

Post a Comment