Sunday, March 25, 2012

Drive By

when I told you that I loved you
I didn’t tell a lie
When I whisper that I need you
please believe me, I mean to
I’d pine if I could cry
I’m missing something
Missing me
-
missing the stop on the side of the road flying by in the window the light streams behind
This is the part I should fight so I run so I try so I’m somewhere inside the invention I find in the light beams alive
-
what twisted mind am I behind
I didn’t want to lie
what situation followed me
believe me, I hate me
I’d run if I could hide
I’m losing something
Losing me
-
lost in the rain of the spiraling game run around block the pain it’ll only drag you down on the sideline the mud flashing high as a seagull I fly in the sky in the wind in the joyous escape from this place
-
when I ask you to protect me
just know it’s a plea
When I ask you to guide me
believe in my need
I’d change if I could find
I’m fading somewhere
Fading see
-
fading to sleep dream a dream in the night I’d awake in the beautiful morning of pain
to believe I’m alive again try again mend the broken kisses kiss the broken faces sorry please I didn’t mean a thing
-
dream this lie
don’t fall, fly
soar in amazement
effortless, glad
they cannot hurt what
they’ve never had.

No comments:

Post a Comment