Sunday, March 25, 2012

Ashes & Dust

Ashes & Dust
We are ashes & dust
Dust from the same bowl
Cut from the same mold
It's the same wind that blows
The same wind that throws
Us wherever we go

You land in the sun,
I, in shade,
I am cold, and you're warm
But my colors won't fade
and that's just for today.

Next morning I may catch
Fire and dance in the flame
As you fall to earth
miss the burn and the blaze,
But you'd be the one to remain

Some of the flakes fall together
Some snow drifts alone for a time
Why? And which flake am I?
I could reach out to you
but what good would that do?
If we all end soon - so soon!

And it's enough to drive one mad,
To lift my head in pride/crawl in shame
It's the same silly game
Being human.
I'm just human
Ashes and dust I see
And such I shall be

Ashes and dust
We are cold and rust
Doomed at beginning, we live but to end
The glory, jest, and riddle
Aye, the glory, jest, and riddle once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment