Sunday, March 25, 2012

Endure

Not alone. Thoughts
Surround me. Contend. Confound
Minor upsets compound and I sink
Despite chinks of sun-rays and their shine
Mid the whirls, explanations and I’m
Lost. Spun. Found
Not alone, only bound
Vowed to indifference, shackled to bored
Grieving for passion, a semblance of solace, for rage
But I won’t be ignored by this
Can’t succumb to this. Heigh ho, Silver, away!
It was dead and embalmed and forgotten a love
Doomed from ‘do’. By fate? Maybe cruel
Dare I question?
Hell burned. Flamed and flawed.
Froze in time and slid icily by
Away, and done.
Shall I question?
Exhume broken promise, despondence to thrive
Remotely human, benignly alive? But I quail
Much too many a sore
Ache not to re-bore. Bathe
This sarcophagus brightly again
Find it empty and wanting as always
Like the days I cried. Not alone. Thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment